Thread: Tagged FTP's

Tagged FTP's

I just wanted to know a bit about tagged ftps. What are com directories how to delte them how to view them?

AO Part Timer
    Didn't give me a whole lot to work with. So I am just gonna have to guess. I remeber a discussion about this earlier. Here is the link . Hope this helps a little bit. If not give us a bit more information. Like for starters what OS is it. I am assuming windows based on the reserved com name used.

Be safe and stay free

Yeah the other topic is useful but confusing with all the tech stuff. Thanxs i have asked in their to help me out!

Com executables were the first kind of compiled code, at the beginning of DOS age, mainly to accomplish compatibility with the previous CP/M systems.
    Under DOS both exe and com executables may run, but what make them working is not the memory model, but the API they were compiled for.
    So if your C/C++ programs were compiled to target DOS they will run under DOS, otherwise to process them by Exe2Bin adds no value.
    MySig != Worth your time

I think the tagged reference just means someone has turned your FTP server into a WAREZ server. If so, do you run anonymous FTP? Do you allow uploads? If so and you have no policy to wipe things off of the server after a period of time, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Those folks put alot of strange characters into the folder names (space is very popular) to make it more difficult to access and delete; however, if you backslash '\' every special character (like space), you should be able to get rid of it.

If you don't run anonymous FTP or don't allow uploads, then you have a more serious problem and need to start looking at ways they could have gotten access.

Hope that starts you off in the right direction,

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

if its pub ftps your not sure about theres lots of sites out there explaining on how to pub the ftps. So just read those to find out what your dealing with. I wont post any links just incase theres prying eyes.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!

Didnt get a word Spydrpop was on about and nebulus200 i will try it but dont believe the backslash trick will work beacuse if u look at the rwrwd it is only r but u still can access it. And r3fus3d i understand and i dont so is it possible to pm me!