Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pranks -problem

Don't leave it alone. Just make like Tedob and tell the admin. If you're fingerprint is on it, and it's not supposed to be there, and it gets found, then guess who gets screwed?

anyone.... anyone....

YOU!!!

I'd have to agree with most of the guys up there. Apart from the fact that you'll get in deep **** if the admin finds out by himself (I'm sooo not being sexist there), it is better to let the admin know.
    Think about it - the admin is responsible for the security of the network. If you've installed a program that, even without you kowing about it, can open some kind of backdoor into students' folder, you're putting the whole school's privacy at risk.
    Kind of the same happened to me - I figured out so many ways of bypassing the current security tools, and went as far as nabbing the SAM file on one of the domains. I went to the admin with the docs on what *could* happen if someone got their hands on that kind of material. She kinda freaked out, but then asked me to help her securing the network.
    Sure, I was **** scared for the first 10 mns, but it turned out all right. An hell! You haven't even broken in his account! Just a program...

If you don't want to go as far as that, tell the admin that you've downloaded this attachement, but didn't know what it was. You'll be seens as a noob for a moment, but no harm done. Humility doesn't hurt anyone
    -Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate-

thanks guys he believed me. and i foung out that my (use to be) freind was caught ounce
    spying on the school computers now he is expelled

and the funny part to this is he deos not know i told because i sent the admin an anonymous E-mail

THANKS GUYS

That's great -- See, wasn't so bad, now was it? Glad to see your problem worked out so well, that's what these forums are all about.

Once "Sammy the Bull" now "Sammy the Rat".
    Yeah If ask me,If this is a public school in the US your admin is wasting tax payer dollars, with his laxed physical security measures! I see no Policy no Standards, let's just let every floppy drive with read and write capability with no perms set, gee, that makes sense in a highschool environment. It seems lack of management was about to take it's toll on the uneducated admin.