Thread: Airopeek -problems

Airopeek -problems

Dear Sir,

I am having problems with Airopeek software for decrypting the WEP keys(this is only for Academic purposes as a part of my assignment) , the problem is :

when I try to decode the packet , it says decryption error,

my configuration:

Linksys Access-point
    Win2k professional
    orinoco card (silver 11mbps)

64 bit encrption
    please help me

Thank you,

Regards,

Mayank.

Elite Hacker
    Don't those things take a while to decode? I'm pretty sure that with airsnort, you can have to let it sit for sometimes weeks depending on how much traffic goes through. They sit and grab packets looking for a pattern until they finally figure it out, which could be a week or a day, you never know. I don't know if that's how airopeek works though. I don't think you can just grab a packet and decrypt it, that would not be good for wifi security. Peace.

Airopeek's website said that it can decrypt on the fly, Also I did use Airsnort , captured a 960000 encrypted packet , still no interesting packets, Can you also give me some information about DEnial of service attacks for wireless Lan's , I need it for my assognment at Wayne State university.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mayank.

Decrypting on the fly means that it analyzes packets as they are being received and looks for that pattern h3r3tic mentioned. It takes about 15 - 30 MBs of data to find a weak IV [theoretically]. The "on-the-fly" specification means that, unlike WEPCrack for example, you do not need to caputre packets with something else first and then use another app to decrypt them, the program is looking for the IVs as it is capturing. Still, depending on the amount of traffic from the AP, it may take various lengths of time.

But since this is an assignment, why not make the AP send a lot of data? [eventually... program yourself a DRDoS application and use it between the AP and the WT*] I mean, that is if you have access to it [maybe it's a wargame or something, I wouldn't know].

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

*Wireless Terminal
    /\\

Dear Sir,

I did that, but some how I still get a decrytion error, When trying to UNWEP the packets , it says that this is usually beacause of key mismatch, now I am using a linksys wireless Access-point and ornoco card, Also I have a linux machine and a windows machine, I am genrating the keys using paraphrase, Also I am using key 1 to transmit in Access-point, Now I have used the same key 1(that was genearted) in the Linux and the other windows machine.
    no filter used in Airopeek, but still I am getting decrytion error, Also how do I raed that data that is displayed under WEP when we do decode packet.

Please help,

Thanks.