http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14608

Mike,
I've been a regular visitor(came to know about "The Register" through Tom's) here and came across many articles about this outsourcing spree and you guys seem to have taken the stand against this idea.

At the same time u guys seem to have wrong information about how much do Indians get paid. In an article, about a month or two ago, u mentioned Indians do get paid around $3 - $4 where as their U.S. counterparts get paid double that. As a matter of fact, most of these companies that pick up these outsourcing projects pay around 90 cents to 120 cents unless it's a very high-end tech support like SAP Labs(which constitute less tan 2% of this business).
Even companies like Dell, IBM and HP fall in the same category of 90 cents.

Even the s/w engineers get paid probably 6 - 8% of their US Counterparts and never more(sad thing is that, we pay more than what u pay for the same products like cars and also the rents in cities like Bangalore and Mumbai are extrmely, extremely high) .

Most of my friends who did M.S in Michigan with me are getting paid about $80K per annum where as the Indians in India with the same experience get paid around $500 - $600 tops.
Regarding the article "Outsourcing pushes Indian property prices up", this hike in the property prices are never going to affect these companies, they effect only the employees who earn mere Rs. 9,000/- or less and work for more than 12 hours and w/o week-ends and horrible and ridiculous shifts.

Companies always get away with with sub standard infrastructure(PCs(lot of companies think a wheel mouse is a luxury), furniture, facilities, even headsets which are essential for this business) and nothing is going to effect them or their profits.

I feel that it's ridiculous that you or anybody in U.S and U.K getting all bugged up with this. In the 90s U.S. lost much more manufacturing jobs to China and other countries and nobody seemed to notice it.

Isn't this the part of globalization u guys taught the whole world? Now u seem to feel the side effects. What about the hundreds of small-scale industries in countries like India when they got wiped out by the MNCs and hundreds of people who lost their jobs?

I'm god damn sure that this is partly the fault of our *!#@#@ governments who didn't encourage the competition b/w the MNC's and the local companies and they are always interested in screwing these small local companies. In fact that's the difference b/w China and India.

In China, the govt. to SOME EXTENT extent, tried to support the local companies and made them compete with the MNCs (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, EARLIER YOU BEAT US WITH MORE INVESTMENTS AND NOW IS THE TIME WE BEAT U WITH HARD WORK(which, in turn means screwed up families), LESS PAY, HORRIBLE INFRASTRUCTURE, BAD WORKING CONDITIONS AND THE GREED OF YOUR OWN COMPANIES. All the best.
Rahul Chandana

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

What surprises me is the fact that he sees this as a case FOR outsourceing