Thread: Microsoft Raises Threat Level of Outlook Hole

Banned

Microsoft Raises Threat Level of Outlook Hole

eWeek
    Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday upped the severity of one of three security patches it issued a day earlier, warning that it discovered another attack scenario for a hole in Outlook 2002.

The Redmond, Wash., software maker increased the threat level of the Outlook security vulnerability to its highest level of four—"critical." The Outlook 2002 hole could let an attacker run malicious code on a user's machine.

Microsoft originally had labeled the vulnerability as "important" and believed that attackers could only exploit the hole if users had set the Outlook Today folder as the default view for Outlook 2002, said Mike Reavey, a Microsoft security program manager.

And that's why I started using Mozilla Thunderbird! Thanks for the post.

And that's why I started using Mozilla Thunderbird!
    the hole is in Outlook Not Outlook express.. big difference.. People who use Outlook as their Email client only should be using any other email client.. but many Outlook users also use the PIM, and tracking functions.. Those that need a Bus use it.. those who need a miniVan shouldnt be driving a Bus.

Thanks for the update Neg.. appreciated

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

But what's that have to do with my quote? I know I'm an awesome guy to quote, but I was just making a shpeel for Thunderbird.