March 15th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Living in the Modern Age
Does this look familiar to you ?
You know you're living in 2004 when:
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail your colleague who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have e-mail addresses.
6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally do "9" to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three
10. Your CV is on a disk in your pocket.
11. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your
12. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
13. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get
14. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World
countries' annual budgets combined.
15. Interviewees, despite not having the relevant knowledge or
experience, terminate the interview when told of the starting salary.
16. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.
17. Your boss gets a brand-new state-of-the-art laptop with all the latest features, but you have time to go for lunch while yours boots up.
18. Being sick is defined as you can't walk or you're in hospital.
20. There's no money in the budget for the five permanent staff your department desperately needs, but they can afford four full-time management consultants advising your boss's boss on strategy.
21. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with computers".
AND THE CLINCHERS ARE...
22. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.
23. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your "friends"
24. You got this email from a friend that never talks to you any more,
except to send you jokes from the net.
25. You are too busy to notice there was no 9 & 19
26. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a No. 9"
55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone
March 18th, 2004, 06:18 AM
that's good stuff, go to www.eviloverlord.com because that list is also very funny.