I've loved AO from the start... but I gotta wear sunglasses every time i visit the site. I'm not a big fan of the "Blue's Clues, Barney and Big Bird" color scheme. I'm a graphic design student, and I pulled some notes from my lectures. I feel the triadic color scheme (cyan magenta yellow) isn't as effective as, say a monochrome one.

About yellow:
Joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy, dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard.

When overused, yellow may have a disturbing effect; it is known that babies cry more in yellow rooms .
Most of that blows. Blue usually looks good...

About blue:
Peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, depression, appetite suppressant.

Blue is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness.
So I attached a monochromatic color scheme I agree with. I encourage AO and JupM to pick it up, for my vision's sake. Maybe it will encourage people to hang around longer on the site.

Thanks!
Soda

EDIT

New version- attactched HTML in zip, CSS changes.