Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows xp admin password

I guess I will give you the benefit of the doubt or at least throw this comment out here for others as a security precaution, if your box is windows XP Home Edition, then microsoft made a huge security mistake by not making the administrator account easily accessible to ppl who dont know what they are doing, given it means you arent using the primary windows account but at the same time you dont password protect it.

So next time you reboot your computer push f8 over and over until you get a chance that a screen will pop up, start your computer in safe mode, then login with the administrator account, no password should be necessary. Now you should be able to go to control panels and go into the user accounts section and you should be able to change your password back again. or delete and recreate you account. hope this helps you or someone. Remember those of you who didnt know to go in there and set a password on your admin account.. just a little bit more security
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Dude, you obviously have no desire to do research of your own. If you would have read up on either of those tools, you'd realize they have no need for being installed. If the price is your problem, just say so. Don't talk about limitations that aren't there.

Thank you.

I still like to point people at the tutorials.. 1st RTFM...
    If you cant RTFM you should leave the password as is and go out side and have a look at the Sun..

The Tutorials section have several threads regarding Passwords and Win XP..

And you are correct We Don't realy believe you, If we did some one would have PM'ed you the "Windows XP Universal Admin Key"..

Many recent calls for help could have been avoided if A quick Search on Google or even here had been used.. or a Browse of the Tutorial section..
    So RTFM.. Read The F#$%^#@ Manual... that is what it is there for.

Oh and if the excellent replies to this thread have not been helpful.. I would recommend the link from earlier http://www.emicrotraining.com/family.html you need it as well Find the boxes the computer came in, find the store Reciept.. you know exactly what I am going to say next...

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

look up ntfs dos then go 2 c:\windowspath\config\sam copy that file to diskette and then go 2 another comp use lopht crack and you can crack the sam file that you retrived or you can just boot with ntfs dos and type in net user administrator * :P i think not shure about the second one