Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone hear about TotalShield?

Question Did anyone hear about TotalShield?

Greetings all,
    Did anyone hear about Applicure's TotalShield? It's a new software for web administrators to protect sites from hackers attacks.

This product can be downloaded from www.applicure.com.
    However, Since my knowledge in this issue is limited, I didn't test this properly. and I'm sure that are people here that understands in this issue much more than I do .
    Please download this product, check it on your Apache web server and tell me what you think (For now this product works on Solaris and throu Webmin).

btw
    www.applicure.com also conduct a survey: To your opinion, what Operating System should their solution be supporting at its first release?
    Well...I chose Windows

I do have to wonder about a first post that is a recommendation of a Commercial product..

If I didn't know better I would say that this was Spam..

So what is your Interest in this product Amiri?

Hmmmmm
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Post Well...excuse me

My "Interest in this product" is knowing how it works
    This "commercial product" can be downloaded for free.
    And if I didn't know better, this prduct has to so something with web security, and so is this forum.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar

Re: Well...excuse me

Originally posted here by Amiri
    My "Interest in this product" is knowing how it works
    This "commercial product" can be downloaded for free.
    And if I didn't know better, this prduct has to so something with web security, and so is this forum.
    How did you find out about TotalShield?

Has it been advertised anywhere?

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Actually..If your interest was how it works..Why Didn't you Ask How it WORKS"
    rather than the advertisment..

So... come back with your Questions... And please give references from your Google searches.. to show you have a real interest finding out how it works....

Oh and I hope Your Name Isn't Jim.. because if it is you have been asking a few questions in various pforums about Totalshield.. nah it couldn't be you... you don't have grey hair do you..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Well...First I ran through TotalShield here - http://neworder.box.sk/codebox.links.php?&key=nukes

And no, my name isn't Jim...

OK.. And your first Question [/b]is[/b]?

Ok Slim.. the fact you are back.. you are not a typical spammer.. The wording of your original post was too much like a smiling saleman, your lucky you didn't get negged off the board.. mate it was too much like a MLM recruit Approach.. And when I checked your profile.. NADA.. ok there are many others who put nothing in their profile.. but it is nice to know a bit about a person when they are new....

You will find that some of the members here may have used the App.. many more heard of it.. when I went looking for information about it (outside the writters home) all I found were spammer comments on other forums and sales spiels on software sites.. certainly no hard user experiences or "Opinions"..

The story that is given about the programm seems plausable.. But I do wonder how it would go on a heavily loaded server.. just what sort of overhead it would apply.. is the approach they are using valid or just bloody good sales talk..

Cheers

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Good to see "undies" back as "dirty" as we all love him and remember him......

Amiri: I ignored your post when I first read it, (prior to Undertaker's response), simply because it did come across as spam. I did look at the link and dismissed it 'cos I'm a windows shop... (no reflection on you or the product). Thus I can't be of much help. But, with my knowledge of Undertaker over the time I've been here I would look closely at his questions about it's performance on a loaded server..... "Undies" is good people and he knows his stuff..... If he says he has a question about something I'd investigate it too.

Good luck

PS: Undies: You can mail me the $50.......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I wouldnt use it even if its free.

It seems like it provides a false sense of security. You cant have any real prevention if the prevention is occuring at the targeted machine.

Thumbs Down, Get Something Better
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Amiri,

Anything that says Total or Complete Shield obviously isn't and is only a sales pitch for the unknowing. Kinda like buying a condom that you know has a hole in it. You probably wouldn't do it now would you. So when someone makes a statement such as "Total Shield" it too is a farse because obviously there is no such critter.

Don't be surprised if folks don't like advertisements, nothing personal. We just know better.

cheers