Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to remove a tool bar from internet explorer

How to remove a tool bar from internet explorer

In IE5 on Win 98.I get a tool bar "nounwinclock".It does not show in the addremove programs also.Ho do I remove it?
    \"I\'d hate to have a kid like me\"

Just Another Geek
    Have you tried a spyware/adware removal tool? Look around the Spyware/Adware section of AO for pointers on good tools.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

"nounwinclock" ??? that's a new one.. nothin in google on that one..

run hijackthis and post a log.

http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

Good advice, HiJackThis is the way to go. Makes life easy for this sort of thing.
    \"If you take a starving dog in off the street and make him prosperous he will not bite you, this is the principle difference between a dog and a man\" - Mark Twain

HijackThis is a very good program... another one that I think is a little more user friendly would be ad-aware. They have a free version at:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Make sure you update the reference file to get the latest stuff.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Adaware is an excellent utility You would do well to try spybot search and destroy as well Wwhile it is not as intuitive to use it works hand in hand with adawre I use it daily on the job for spyware cleaning

hey people, tell me what this HijackThis do?
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

for temp fix click view/ toolbars & uncheck the bad toolbar

Hijack this gathers startup information, so when you pc boots, it lists everything program that boots up as well, as well as settings such as your home page in IE, it lists processes, and some other stuff i cant think of. Very effective, because it lets you use your head instead of relying on a scanner to have a certain signature.

Don't forget to give a good download link: http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

From there:
    "HijackThis is a tool, that lists all installed browser add-on, buttons, startup items and allows you to inspect, and optionally remove selected items. The program can create a backup of your original settings and also ignore selected items. Additional features include a simple list of all startup items, default start page, online updates and more. Intended for advanced users."

Cheers!