Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacker links in Antionline?

Hacker links in Antionline?

Antionline is supposed to be a anti crack/hack etc site.. right? But I was just wondering why it allow links to sites which promotes forbidden activities in its Top Links list? [might be a stupid question I guess] I tried everything to find out why, by reading forums here but still can't find the reason why. Why?

Banned
    Well why not. Everybody can submit their site. Maybe also because admin don't check to links so they don't kow what to reove. Also if you didn't notice, there are trojans, worms,viruses,crackers, and other stuff in the downloads section, we believe that if you want to defend yourself, you first have to learn how those skiddies and crackers attempt the attack in the first place and the programs work they use. of course you should be using those programs only on your own computer/network to find any vulenrabilities

ok..I think they the should change the headings from Site Menu to Test Your PC Here!..
    and by the way Happy Birthday! advanced or maybe belated.

Banned
    Tx

and i also suggested that someone cleans up after that place from time to time. You can see the thread here.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=254670

Hi wedjarl,

I realise that it may seem strange, but a lot of security people visit the "other side" just to see what they are up to.

OK, you will see a lot of skiddie nonsense " where do I get sub7, how do I hack hotmail" and so on, but you also see more competent types discussing exploits and vulnaerabilities..............this can be an early warning.

I appreciate that the average Admin just doesn't have the time to do this, but larger organisations have dedicated security officers, and the AV/Security companies have full time researchers.

The AV companies even have Bots that scan "the dark side", chatrooms, forums and the like for new malware.

So it isn't that strange after all?

Cheers

they should be cleaning it. I hit a link there and ended up with a VBS/Redlof virus. I primarily rely on the free edition of AVG as my antivirus (no money). AVG did detect it yet i still doubt if it really cleaned it since i notice a VBS file added to my system registry.

Banned
    What link was that, wedjarl? I'd be more than happy to have it deleted

Banned
    That got me thinking, some one should really watch/clean those links. SOmeone may send a link to a trojan server file, and some newbie may downlod it(because AO is about Secuirty) and the trouble begins.

think its not necessarry to delete them...it was my stupidness which caused me to download a program imbeded with a virus. They do have a warning there which states they cant assure you of anything "clean" if download any of the programs there. And i dont like anyone to get mad at me!

Banned
    I dont see anywhere a warning. I'm talking about the link list and not the download section.