March 18th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Open Source NFO Viewer
Anybody interested in a simple NFO/Diz viewer? The source is included and you are free to modify and redistribute.
It's VERY simple, and is written in Delphi 6. No special components are needed to recompile it.
March 18th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I always open my NFO file with notepad.
March 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
March 18th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Enlighten me as i am not a warez kinda guy and i have wondered for ages wtf does nfo and id_diz stand for? I get them with music occasionally and know what they are but not what they stand for. Shouldn't you have a very restrictive liscence and protection for your viewer , so then it can be cracked ?
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
-- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots
March 18th, 2004, 10:43 PM
"nfo" is an informaiton file. A "diz" file is a file identification. For more info about the scene, check out http://www.textfiles.com/piracy/
March 19th, 2004, 08:44 PM
More features are bieng added as I sit here.
1. Editing features inculding an ASCII "Pallete" to edit your own art
2. Editing Features (copy,paste,select all, find, etc...)
3. Purty icons
4. The ability to make the editor read-only so you will not edit your current files by accident
5. A help file (but even a monkey can run it)
6. URL/E-mail highlighting (Not all URL's exist since things change so often)
I will post it ASAP... Syini666, cheesegoduk and Noia are testing it as I code it
March 21st, 2004, 05:44 AM
Updated viewer now an editor. What are some of the features right now?
1. A character map to edit your own NFO/DIZ files
2. Purty icons leeched from KDE Look
3. Editing features, cut, copy, paste, etc...
4. A way to just make the viewer read only if you do not intend to edit files
5. It's open source
1. URL/FTP/Email highlighting
2. Associating the editor to NFO/DIZ files
3. Make the status bar reflect changes made to a file and line number
4. Help file and propoganda...
Anybody wanna help, feel free to do so.