Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Ex is watching everything I do. Plz Help!

Frustrated -

The suspense is killin` me.....please let us know how things unravel.

Atticus

Frustrated,

Obviously if you have reason to believe he is doing that, such as him being aware of things that he could not have found out any other way, then he most likely has placed a keylogger or a trojan on your computer. Before you go messing with it or him, evaluate your situation with him. If he is a controlling ******* that just won't let go, then this may only be the tip of the ice berg as far as what he might do. So look at the state of your safety and if need be, do whatever it takes to ensure your safety.

But as was mentioned before, absolutely do not let him know you are aware of his activities before your decide what you are going to do.

Surely knowledge is power, and since you feel he might be listening, miss-information can be a very helpful tool if cautiously and properly utilized. You can quite easily test your beliefs about his keylogger or trojan by feeding him a line of crap that he could not have found out anyother way. Maybe something like, you don't how you are going to get your car fixed. And then wait and see. I'm not going to tell you about all the fun you could have with this, but with a little imagination....... But use very rarely.

Anyway approaching this with the Police as a stalking case, may be your best avenue. But stay safe.

Old Fart
    Spector is a VERY stealthy proggy that does just what you think the ex is doing....to find out *IF* that's what he is using, look in C:\windows\system32 for mstestsys.exe....thats the executable that it uses and it WILL NOT show up in the processes window in task manager.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Some good suggestions. I would probably take the drastic steps of backing up needed data and do to a low-level format. Just watch what you back up and spend some time reinstalling all of my needed programs. Good luck.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    If you honestly beleive this is true, how about this for an idea....

Do nothing with the probelm pc - Go to a cyber cafe or whatever (buy a new machine) for your internet access & use the 'problem' machine for a little social engineering.

Send an email suggesting that you've been having an affair to a willing accomplice (you can use me if you want) & wait for the response.

Use your imagination & by the time the divorce gets to court you should be able to make a lauging stock of your ex.

Or you could jsut call the feds.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Hi,

I did not spot your operating system, so I am not sure if this will work for you:

http://www.internals.com/

You are looking for "MailControl" by Yariv Kaplan.............free for private use.

If you are using Pop3, it will ask you to confirm the sending of each and every e-mail...........you can block them individually, collectively and all sorts of other options

It might help? as you will not be altering any legal evidence.......just blocking the transmission.

Good luck

Nihil, long time no see ...welcome back

I was just thinking...If he really is snooping around your computer, How do you know that he hasn't looked at this website, and this very thread?

If he is using a spyprogram, it WILL give him all the sites you've visited and Passwords. Depending if he has enabled it...he'll also get s/s.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the program have to email the intruder all the info? I guess doing a livewatch on your computer, would probably pick up if something is uploading something to the net....

Check out some of these programs:

http://alphaomega.software.free.fr/i...20Monitor.html

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/

http://www.ethereal.com/

Cyb1rd,

nice catch! 27 posts of great info and I believe the rest of us missed the most important part, the dude/dudette probably has already seen all of this. Well hopefully Frustrated pulled the cord then!

cheers

As lumpyporridge said, it is better if you make all backup for all data, and reformat ur pc. Ask the expert to help you if you dont really know what to do.

Honey, what the hell happened? Did you find something or not? Jeez, suspense!

If you need me I am in the tree with mark_boyle2002 making sure he chokes on his nachos while I am wearing my "free lorraina bobbit" T-shirt and ringing my bell