Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need info about info2-file in XP

Thats interesting SwordFish however do keep in mind that some programs will replace the Right Click -> Empty Recycle Bin function with their own version of file shreader. Other programs simply add a function (ie: Empty using Eraser).
    A program can replace the Empty Recycle Bin with its own version however it can't (as far as I'm aware of) replace the singular deleteing from the Recycle Bin (ie: you only select one or more items from the Recycle Bin to delete "permanently").
    -HDD

FAT System

Two questions Swordfish_13:

1. Where did you get your screenname is it from the movie SwordFish?

2. Don't most systems run on NTFS (at least mine does) and wouldn't you have to re-format your hard drive to run in FAT.
    Everything that has a beginning has an end.

AntiOnline n00b
    1. Where did you get your screenname is it from the movie SwordFish?

Ans: See the Atached File

2. Don't most systems run on NTFS (at least mine does) and wouldn't you have to re-format your hard drive to run in FAT.

Ans: As far as i know there are more system are running FAT16/32 than NTFS. And you can change a FAT16 drive to NTFS( through Convert command) but you cannot change a NTFS drive back to FAT to change a NTFS drive into you would have to format it or it you are running an OS like DOS,WIN98/ME that does not access NTFS you can use NTFSDos to access a NTFS Drive

BTW. MatrixArchitect Welcome to AO and more often than not try to stick to the thread topic

Thanks for your response,

I have seen the cmd prompt screen on a couple of computers that shows you can convert to the FAT 16/32 system. My old computer runs on Win 98 but my new run (which uses NTSF) runs on Win XP, which is a system I am highly familiar with. I would think the conversion over FAT32 or FAT16 could damage a computer system.
    Everything that has a beginning has an end.

yes I also noticed that after deleting the info2 file in dos, that the recovery program don't find system deleted files. If you find any program that do that, please post. I will continue to search for the ultimate recovery program....