Thread: Web sites

Web sites

How can I make sure whether it is safe to send my password to web site?(That my password is encrypted)

Thanks

I dont get it...password of what...like on forums to log in? well you signed up anyways so you have to give them a password...sorry but can you explain the situation or perhaps give us that website?

See if the "web site" has a secure login.

If you use IE....The bottom of the browser should say SSL-secured(128bit)....or something.
    When choosing the secure login option.

Not really sure what you mean?
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

you can make use of php scripting to be more secure!!

or put up some firewall might work!

Look in the bottom right hand corner of your browser. If you see a lock, then you are in an encrypted site. But unless this is ebay, paypal, a merchant program, or an email site, you don't really need to worry about it. If there is someone sniffing for your forum password, well then that person has some serious bordem problems.

For most cases, if an important site asks you for a password then it will be encrypted.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

it is depend on the web site u dealing with, that's why you have to make sure you are dealing with the right person. Other than that, someone may get or hear your password from your own pc through adware installed in your pc without you knowledge. Please try any utilities that can remove these stuffs from your pc, and dont deal with the web sites which is no well-known.

Hope this can help... and this is not the only way people can do so.