Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Unofficial Guide to Ethical hacking

hii actually iam also interested into hacking. As mentioned by some of you above that to see the hack series of books by O'Reilly but I dont understand which book to start with which should be the basic....
    please do suggest me some bookas beginning of these... as online reading would be too expensive for me..

Yea Ankit Fadia..his home is nxt to my street..LMAO.Whom Indian media made Hacker Icon. he dont know shyt. and that Book is based on win 98 hacking. well most of the things are mentioned above by other ppl . but i think that book is good for newbies.

hii actually iam also interested into hacking. As mentioned by some of you above that to see the hack series of books by O'Reilly but I dont understand which book to start with which should be the basic....
    please do suggest me some bookas beginning of these... as online reading would be too expensive for me..
    chk this out:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

psych0: For future reference, try not to respond to old threads/posts. Those are the one's with the blinking date's.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Ooops!! Sorry i din see that. actually i am new arnd here. well i will take care in future. thx for informing me.
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

i have many "security" books. The unofficial guide to ethical hacking was as mentioned a cut and paste book, but if you have the money and time read it, its good for a start. The hackers black book is WORTHLESS many facts are innaccurate or missing, its quite frankly pathetic, and worthless. I havethe hackers handbook also, written by doctor k, but i havent read it. The book by the knightmare called secrets of a super hacker is also worthless it only applied to the 90s and 80s and it only good if your bored out of your mind. The best way to learn is to hang out at forums, irc, and read e-books/texts and of course, practice
    if you have time be sure to drop my my website at www.johnscompany.net