Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Your Opinion

Just Your Opinion

I just wanted to get an ominion on this navigation bar i am working on...i might make the banner connect to it etc...feel free to state your opinion and any suggestions and thank you

Banned
    Background sucks, button sucks, i told you make it more proffesional , u dont see that kind of buttons on any pro website or even here at AO. Use words for links, be simple but yet pro.

u dont see that kind of buttons on any pro website or even here at AO. Use words for links, be simple but yet pro.
    ok wait... what kind of buttons should i make, give me an example
    and explain the using words for links and being simple but still pro...?

How about something like this...i had started it yesterday and only worked a few minutes on it but i think this one could be great

AO French Antique News Whore
    Way Better! Here a look at my best design website http://lhn.simont.info/
    -Simon \"SDK\"

not too bad ....another question i would have is this...I think i should set my page up in 2 frames, 1st one at top with the banner and buttons and bottom frame to load all the pages in?

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I would suggest against frames. If done improperly they can kill your sites ability to rank properly on search engines.

Take a look at a site I am currently working on and see if you like the way its menu is layed out.

http://www.bumshirts.com/hul

cheers,
    xmaddness

Not bad but my boss isnt satisfied with the first thing i gave him and i worked up the last site a bit and i think this is the final one...i have to edit the buttons on top though cause they dont match the theme and the banner will be replased later also with a banner i will have to create with his own models etc...but have a look at how it is going for now

...am using frontpage for some basics first and after all that is done comes Macromedia Dreamweaver/flash etc...Hell Yea Baby !!!

sry for double post but better than waiting for someone to post again....so what you think about this new thing madness?
    BTW: It might suck a lil now because i only started
    ...i like this one a lot and i will add more tables and contents below the current table i am working on.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Like xmaddness said, frame are very very evil! Use the php code call include do a way better job that those evil frame!

Here a few points that you should check

1) Be sure that you use all the screen resolution of the user. This is harder when you use image on the top but it can be done with JavaScript. That mean if you image is 800 pixel width, you need to strech to 1024 if the user is using 1024 for screen resolution.

2) The first image call modelingsite.jpg is better because you have 2 menu. One for the very important stuff on the top of EACH page and one menu on the left for less impotant stuff.

3) Choose light color over dark color.

4) Php Fonction Include is your friend! If you have the same menu on every page, you just do the code once and include it on very page. Editing this menu is very easy after!!

Good Luck!
    -Simon \"SDK\"