Thread: CCNA For Dummies?

CCNA For Dummies?

I bought a copy...has anybody else bought it? It doesn't seem like it would efficiently cover all of the CCNA test...
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

Well, it says it is for dummies, and the CCNA test is for experts. What do you expect? (sorry couldn't resist being a wisea$$)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hey Hey,

Basically the CCNA is for Dummies. I'm on my second time through the course. My HS offered it so I took it there, and then my college required I take it, so I'm taking it now here. I refuse to go do the exam, even with the like 40% off voucher or whatever it is. In January I'll be taking my CCNP courses, and the only way I'll even do the CCNA first is if it's required to get the CCNP. Everyone has their CCNA now, or is taking the courses. It's just a money making grab by Cisco and it's fairly useless. If you know the basics you could walk into the exam and ace it.

Btw I can't resist asking, did you purposely spell your name wrong?? or are ya an idiot ?

Peace,
    HT

I'm going to have to second moxnix on this one. I've seen the dummies book, haven't looked inside though. It just seems to be too short to adequately cover the material. You'd be better off with the Cybex E-Trainer CCNA book.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

I wish my hs offered REAL courses like that...
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?