Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: control panel problem

Follow the link lumpy posted to find out how to remove it completely. And I recommend staying away from Kazaa ressurection. I don't trust it, and according to past forums, many other's don't. Stick with a release you can trust from past experiences, Kazaa lite ++. It isn't a hatred towards Kazzaa Res., just that anything so underground doesn't deserve to sway my attention from something I already know works and can fully trust.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Check for unknow *.cpl file

CPL File are Control Panel Library.

If you move a *.cpl from your c:\Windows\system32 directory to somewhere else, you'll no longer see that icon in the control panel.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

pooh sun tzu

What don`t you trust? Other than the fact that the fasttrack network has gone to hell.
    NORML

Signature image is too tall!

I don't trust the program because it is a rare, unheard of release before. Why chance using software almost unknown to the majority of the p2p community, over software that is tried, tested, and true long ago?

FastTrack has only gone to hell if you do not know how to use it

""FastTrack has only gone to hell if you do not know how to use it ""

There are corrupted .mp3`s running wild on that network.

It doesn`t take a brain scientist to use a p2p app does it?

If you want quality verified downloads try emule.
    NORML

It would make it easier, yes. Just like there is wisdom in how to use google properly, there is wisdom in how to use Kazaa properly. Ways to search, key words to avoid, previewing files beforehand, picking files based upon how many people have them versus the true filename.

A lot of skill can go into both google and kazaa, so please drop the sarcasim and smile

edit: Mind you, if you downloaded copyrighted mp3's, then you deserve not only corrupted files, but a nice large virus to boot. And emule is loaded with adware and spyware. Pfft. Don't turn this into a "which client is better" argument just because I did not recommend your kazaa undergroundware.

"edit: Mind you, if you downloaded copyrighted mp3's, then you deserve not only corrupted files, but a nice large virus to boot. And emule is loaded with adware and spyware. Pfft. Don't turn this into a "which client is better" argument just because I did not recommend your kazaa undergroundware."

How in the hell do you or most people know prior to downloading the file that it is corrupt?
    I use mp3 shield it warns the file is corrupt in mid download.

The easiest way to ensure a quality mp3 is to narrow the search to find files with at least 192kbps.

No sarcasim here....If i get a virus with a .mp3 extension you will be the first i let know.

Find a version that is then spyware free you fool!
    NORML

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/338
    http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtextensions.htm

Not to forget that any extension is vunerable to a exe wrap, even a sub7 trojan that autoextracts upon mp3 access. This is able to be preformed because of the way Windows makes calls to executable programs loading the file. So, yes, the moment anyone gets a virus with an mp3 extension, I will send you the links (see above)

And don't call me a fool. I listed a spyware free version already, called Kazaa Lite ++ 2.4. No need for name calling, please calm down.

I'll add one more

http://www.slsknet.org/

Doesn't matter what you use, viruses are rampant on any network.

pooh sun tzu,

I`m sorry...i tend to get worked up at times.
    I guess i take for granted that people sometimes aren`t as security conscience as i am.(i watch very carefully everything i download,and am aware of a mp3`s being valnurable to an exe wrap) .... again sorry.

Peace
    NORML