Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tutorial help on Happyhacker.org

Muhahahah ohhhh yes!

The gypsy selling snake oil. Although the years have come and gone, somethings never change. And there will always be a salesperson on every corner selling their wares. She has learned to grab the ear of an unexpecting person and have them buy her products. Have to give her credit though, she is making money. But there are some issues involved when you advertise something as being new and provocative when it's old and used.

actually, one of the tutorials on this site directed me to happyhacker.org so i expected it to be a good site. it did look a little wierd tho(terrible page design, hard to navigate) but a lot of hack sites are like that. thanks for the heads up, i was actually considering buying one of the books for some good reading material. the fictional one might be pretty cool tho the heretic or whatever i used to read net force by tom clancy or somebody like that

lol, I still own one of her books but luckly I didn't buy it..I decided to borrow it from the library for a while then report it lost and show this slip which clears my account from any due money. Luckly I didn't pay for it otherwise I would've asked for a full refund, or exchange.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Can I go ever so slightly against the flow? Although, yes I do know that the information she gives is ever so slightly out dated, and ever so slightly inaccurate (I like the one about the IP address 216.999.248.174), it does give a good view of ethics.

It encourages readers to learn with permission and for it to be learning for learning's sake, not so you can destroy someone's life. It (the literature) constantly reminds you of this fact, and then goes on to point the reader to other white hat/real security sites (such as AO- again the link they've got is slightly out of date, but hey, it's all good :P)
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

[offtopic]
    If you are older than 14 or if your native language is English that site is a waste of time, otherwise it'll teach you "something"
    I am 14 and I started getting into security when I was 10. Not *all* young people are stupid (although I have found that many of them are ).

[/offtopic]

A couple years ago I found that site... I tried some of the stuff on it but either it didn't work or it was completely useless.

If you want to learn about security, you would do better to spend time on AO reading tutorials and asking questions, setting up a Linux box and learning about it, and maybe learning a programming language if you already haven't. I think you will learn a lot more doing this than you would performing trivial tasks that make you feel like you are actually hacking.

And if this sounds mean, I didn't intend it to... I'm just giving my opinion/advice.

Just my .02

mjk

Banned
    Originally posted here by da'dodo
    it does give a good view of ethics.
    Those who no longer know or care about the differences between right and wrong usually end up straped to a chair prepareing for the moment that they either get zaped or poisoned to death in order to somehow pay for what they have done. If you need help from others or some text file to chose between right an wrong then you should be quickly killed before the rest of society experiances your acts of stupidity.

Originally posted here by da'dodo
    It encourages readers to learn with permission and for it to be learning for learning's sake
    Why do peaple always say that? Thats tottaly crap. Anyone who wastes time with that "hacker" bullshit isn't out to learn anything. Its just another scene for bored peaple to be appart of... these peaple don't learn for learning sake. Their only reasoning for this is a excuse. And in this type of scene the more know-how you seem to have equals the more chances you get to boost your image or gain a sence of belonging to something.

A couple years ago I found that site... I tried some of the stuff on it but either it didn't work or it was completely useless.

If you want to learn about security, you would do better to spend time on AO reading tutorials and asking questions, setting up a Linux box and learning about it, and maybe learning a programming language if you already haven't. I think you will learn a lot more doing this than you would performing trivial tasks that make you feel like you are actually hacking.
    I think you understood me wrong, I mean that it is useless crap for anyone older than 14.
    It was useful for me because the English Carolyn uses is easy, and when I was still younger I couldn't understand very well the things on most other sites. (English is not my native language he)
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com