Thread: do u have to use the windows gui for netbios?

do u have to use the windows gui for netbios?

i recently read some netbios hacking guides and trying them out on my windows computers. i noticed that all of the guides(like this one:http://www.mycgiserver.com/~ethicalh...ios.html#part1) say to use the windows gui to actually browse the shared files, but i was wondering if there was a way to do it "old school" and stay in dos mode and do the same things.

Elite Hacker
    Yes there is. Let's say you got a shared folder as k:
    then at the command prompt all you do is type:
    k: <enter>
    and it switches to that networked drive. Then you can navigate through using cd commands and see what's in each directory using the dir command.

cool, i didnt realize you could set it as a network drive instead of one of those "my network places" places

when you set it as a network drive from dos it appears in explorer. it is a mapped drive after all. when your done you can use the net command to delete ie 'net use /delete z:'
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The Net commands are pretty much windows networking in a nutshell, you can do everything from looging onto domains, to mapping shares, and starting services. It defintly gives you the dos feel, without all the right clicking. ;-)
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.