Thread: MS Add/Remove utility

MS Add/Remove utility

Hi, does anyone know how to remove a program from the add/remove utility in windows xp, without actually removing the program??

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

Yes you can manually remove the program listing from Add/Remove programs there are two ways of doing that by using Microsoft's TweakUI and editing the registary .

But why do you want to do that if the said program does not have a uninstaller then it would be quite difficult to remove it completely from your system later. Don't try both options if you do not know what you are getting into.

[EDIT]

Microsoft's TweakUI
    • Start TweakUI form the Control Panel
    • In TweakUI click the Add/Remove tab.
    • In the Add/Remove tab select the programs you wish to remove and click the Remove button.

Windows Registry
    • Start-->Run Type Regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    • Within the above folder you will find the list of all the programs you can Uninstall

Don't Try it if you don't know what you are doing

And if you don't know where to find TweakUI look Below . You know Sumdumguy i have this daffy duck syndrome (its mine , its mine) i think you are the 12 person i beat lol
    oops sorry misplased Edit tag here you go i have corrected it now am i a good fishy :=)

Using regedit, open :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall

and remove any unwanted keys under "Uninstall."

or you can do it with TweakUI

edit : ya beat me SwordFish, while i was looking up a download link for TweakUI

because i installed a program that left 2 entries there and when i deleted one of them, it says it cannot find the program...lol..senseless
    i went thru the registry , thx anyway

now SwordFish.. you trying to one up me ?
    editing your post to include my info and embellish upon it ?
    bad fishy..