Thread: Taskbar timeout??

Taskbar timeout??

Hey guys im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum, i really didnt know where to put it but here it goes. When i start up my computer and everything my computer starts up fine and works properly but like if i want to run task manager or like msconfig. When type in run and run msconfig the msconfig screen will come up for about 3 secs then automatically close, this is the same with the task manager. I dunno wats up with it or if i "killed" it lol, but i was wondering if you guys knew wat i did or wat is wrong with it. I would greatly appreciate the help, this thing has been makin me mad for about a week now i just cant figure it out so i decided to come to the genius' s a AO, well ty guys maybe you will have better luck with this than I have

I believe there are a few viruses that will do that.. did you update your AV definitions and scan ?

edit : could be klez, have a look in
    google

AntiOnline n00b
    Have you Scanned you computer for Virus Lately there are various viruses/worms i know might cause this i think a varient of MS-Blast and W32.Spybot.Worm can cause that cause. I suggest you scan your computer with Housecall online Scan and see if it findes something

[edit]

sumdumguy you beat me while i was looking for the Housecall url,
    ok You win some you loose some

haha.. I win this time.. now don't you dare edit your post..

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    just a quickie !!!!
    sometimes as you 'open' some apps from the
    command line, they WILL open, but they are not on screen,
    there will / should be an icon in the start tray.
    D/click the icon to start the app.

written as your profile shows XP
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone