Thread: Win98 CDROM Driver Question

Win98 CDROM Driver Question

Hello, ok im just goin to lay this out for you, my question will be at the end of this post.

I just reformatted my sisters harddrive in the hopes of reinstalling win98. Im having some trouble that iv never encountered.

Im allmost at the finish line this is what iv got

file name is MSCDEX.EXE and the driver name is :MTM

it says...

usage: MSCDEX /E/K/S/V /d:<driver> ... /L:<letter> /M:<buffers>

My question is, the L:<letters> <---- are they talking about the drive letter?
    and the M: <---- sorry but i have no clue about buffers

could anyone give me any hints on what i need to do?

thanks

ahhhh.. so you're trying to make your own bootdisk to recognize the cdrom in dos mode, so that you can install win98 right ? Well, you're doing it the hard way, reinventing the wheel a bit.. you have two easier methods..

1. go to www.bootdisk.com and get a win98 bootdisk with the driver and autoexec and config.sys files all setup on it.
    2. If you have an orginal copy (bootable) of win98, set your bios boot order to cdrom first, then boot from the cd.

edit :
    but if you really want to know.. the first hit oin google showed this site for info
    http://www.vfrazee.com/ms-dos/6.22/help/mscdex.htm

hmmm.. that bug with url's not being active has happened again.. editing a thread to add a link. (off to the oops a bug forum.. leaving thread as is)

hey i forgot about bootdisk.com t#@nX!
    P#33r Iz @# MyNd Ki||3r