Thread: Q's about Webroot Spy Sweeper

Question Q's about Webroot Spy Sweeper

What's going on?

I started using Webroot SpySweeper after hearing about it at work. I had previously been using Ad aware and Spybot S&D to combat Adware and spy ware. I was quite suprised at what it found. I first updated and ran AdAware, and Spybot S&D, and cleaned what they both found. I then loaded Spy Sweeper and found about 50 other traces, and other nasties of the like. I later updated it and tried again. Nothing found.

Just wondered if this program is worth the time, and if it can really compare to what I have been running. Some of the guys @ work swear by it.
    It is an Honor to Serve, that one day may arrive where no man will be with out excuse that he has not heard the Name of Christ proclaimed.

I tried it and a few others and they all seemed to pick up a few that another had missed. Spy Sweeper seemed to pick up the most second hand. I'm not sure if it is better or just reports more 'suspicious code' than the others.

It seems many AO users, based on posts I have read, run more than one type of spyware scanner???? Maybe that's why?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn