Thread: Netgear card + Linux

Netgear card + Linux

Hello, I've been trying to get my Netgear WG311 working with Slack and the madwifi atheros drivers. Unforunately, I've had little luck compiling them. I was wondering if anyone has successfully compiled these under a 2.6.x kernel, and what they did to do so. Also, would it be better to use the ndis wrapper drivers from sourceforge instead of the madwifi drivers? Apparently a lot of people have been having trouble with them.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same card. I hate how linux hardly supports them. I wish I could find a live-cd linux that boots the correct driver automatically.

I have the same card and had a look on the net for linux support. It seems there are actully 2 versions of the card. The original aparently is linux compatible with madwifi. However version 2 of the card has a different chip (By texas instruments if i remeber correctly). Unfortunately as far as i can find there is currently no linux support for version 2 of this card. However I have heard bits of info on a project to do this over at sourceforge but dont quote me on that it was a couble of days ago and i cant seem to find that page again (plus its 1:30 in the morning ). Im pretty sure most the information was links from this site (http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/sh...hp?product=624)