Son of a B*tch!!!! I have Norton Anti-virus running with LiveUpdate on. I downloaded a file with a Trojan virus in it. Notice computer was doing odd things like MSGR services being logged in at multiple locations. My quicken accounts had been tried to access w/ password, but I use a Sony encrypted password vault(Thumbdrive) that is separate from my PC. They wreaked havoc with IE Explorer and scripts...it was doing all kinds of crazy stuff!! This I figure was the access point after the Trojan was installed. It started corrupting my files, but luckily I did my weekly routine check with Spyhunter as a backup to Norton. Spyhunter found the virus, but not before it had done signifcant amout of damage to my OS. Hadn't took precautions to do a System Rollback so I had to use System Restore CD and use disks I had made of data to get everything back up...took me 2 days!!!
I was pissed!!! The my problem to is I didn't have ZoneAlarm configured right also.

Now I run ZoneAlarmPro, Spyhunter, PopupBlocker, Stealther 2.7, and PGP to encrypt files. I have also stopped using IE which was the main problem...I use Windows XP and run the Mozilla WebBrowser...and will probably using hushmail for OutLook.

Do you think I have taken enough precautions and if not, what other measure could I take? The system Rollback feature, how exactly does that work...my understanding is that it rolls your system back to a specific day and time with all data still in place right? Anyone familiar with this feature?