Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP SP 2 Problem...

Windows XP SP 2 Problem...

Hi all, my system become slower and less stable after I installed WinXP SP2. Before this I'm using WinXP SP1 and not much problem as SP2. I thought SP2 is much better than SP1... and I felt upset with SP2...

And friend of mine also camplaint the same thing was happen to his system.

Does anyone who using SP2 encounter this problem too?

Uninstall it and wait for the Final version...you have a Beta.
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

I am new to this, but I have not detected that by using sp2 that things are any slower. Well, except perhaps in my dsl speed, but I don't know of any way to check to see if sp2 is the reason.

Question

As far as I understand, Win XP SP2 is not even a Beta release, it more like an Alpha... I would not recommend installing it in production environments, just for compatibility tests might be good...
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

Yea, I've read about an acticle said that, SP2 still in "testing" version. You might be uninstall SP2 and use the previous.

WinXP SP2 is out in the form of a Release Candidate right now, but it is available for testing and such. You can download SP2 here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p2preview.mspx

JohnHACK, as far as using SP2 right now, as mentioned, you may want to uninstall it (hopefully you archived the files) and wait for the release of the final version of SP2 due at mid-year I believe...
    - Maverick

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yes, if you look at the actual build information, it is clearly marked RC1, as in "Release Candidate 1". There is no doubt that the build will be loaded with bugs.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

If so, i have to reinstall back my winXP Sp1 . But thanks all, unless I'm not using my box with a lots of bugs.

Thanks again.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    No, you can use system restore in XP to roll back to a point before you hosed it up with SP2.

Right click "My Computer" Then take a peak at the System Restore tab to see if you are using it.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

OK thehorse13. I will do so...