Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new files have appeared in 70 folders

Attached you'll find the removal tool for netsky. It will remove all its variants. I still think that you might have trojans in your computer....as this worm would not create all those files. Make sure you run moonsoft's TheCleaner to remove any trojans that might be in there. Did you turn system restore off before you ran the AV? Just to be safe, run another check with the system restore off and in safemode.

EDIT:

I stand corrected...this worm will actually create all those files

W32.Netsky.B is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to send itself to the email addresses it finds when scanning the hard drives and mapped drives. This worm also searches drives C through Z for folder names containing "Share" or "Sharing," and then copies itself to those folders.

I think I'm in the clear now. I downloaded and ran the fix tool from symanted. Nortons is coming back clean, as is house call online scanner.
    I think I got the virus from an email. It was labeled as a screen saver, but I couldn't get it to download for me....now, I know why. (lol....I should know better.)
    Thank you all for your advice.

PS...yes, I disabled system restore before using the fix tool.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Glad we could help ...Run theCleaner just in case too .

Cheers,