Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vbrun300.dll

vbrun300.dll

This file is necessary (evidently) for aa couple of the programs that I have downloaded from AO. So hope fully it goes in the security questions forum. Anyways I keep getting a error associated with this file for a few programs (ie. when I execute KEYLOGWN.exe i get the error:

"Cannot find VBRUN300.DLL"

I click close and I get this error message

"Cannot find file E:\DOCUME~1\<USERNAME.\LOCALS~1\TEMP\TED37F~1\KEYLOGWN.EXE (or one of it's components). Check to ensure path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

I have the file vbrun300.dll in a folder, is there any special place that I should put it to get this program to work? Any help is greatly apprechiated.
    ~Phaktor5

Nope, try placing it in the directory where the executable is.

If that fails, open your command prompt, cd to the directory vbrun300.dll is in, and a simple regsvr vbrun300.dll should do the trick. If it fails, try regsvr32 vbrun300.dll.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Old Fart
    vbrun300.dll is a visual basic runtime file from win 3.x/95 and is not included in win 98/2k/xp. Use the link below to download it and save it to the c:\windows\system folder. That should resolve the issue.

vbrun300.dll
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Old Fart
    From the good old AP center....

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask to read the OP's whole post before responding, would it?
    d00d...wtf is your problem? I answered his question and gave a download link so anyone else with the same problem would have access to a copy of the file. I read his entire question and gave him the answer that I think he needs. If you have a problem with that then air it out here. not by JUST tossing around red jelly beans.
    Al

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    allenb1963, I think it's this line that AP assigner was referring to:

I have the file vbrun300.dll in a folder, is there any special place that I should put it to get this program to work? Any help is greatly apprechiated.
    You gave him a link to something he already has.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Old Fart
    true, but I also specified the correct folder in which the file is to be placed. His "a folder" could be any folder on the drive including his desktop. By placing it in the windows\system folder it should become accessible since thats where the file installed to in the previous versions of windows.
    Al

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    By placing it in the windows\system folder it should become accessible since thats where the file installed to in the previous versions of windows.
    Isn't it more that it's the path that the OS (whichever Windows it is as I don't think that was identified) would follow to find general dlls? (I could be totally off here as I've gotten lazy about my Windows "experience" lately).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

While placing the vbrun300.dll in the c:\windows\system folder (oh and registering it with windows.. will work..And is the solution required in this situation..

If I am not mistaken would it not be best to install the full vb6 runtime files.?.. then next time you install a prog that requires a VB file you wont have to go through this process again..

just my .02 worth

Cheers

edit: Hmm it seems to not be a part of the VB Runtime files..sry..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

it's the (old) vb3 runtime..

and here is the runtime (full installer) from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q196285

<edit type=add>
    well that's a shame.. only the dll he allready has and a txt file..

sorry for the inconvenience..
    but the site does state..
    You should copy the .dll file into the System directory on the computer where the Microsoft Visual Basic 3.0 application will be run.
    </edit>
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    d00d...wtf is your problem? I answered his question and gave a download link so anyone else with the same problem would have access to a copy of the file. I read his entire question and gave him the answer that I think he needs. If you have a problem with that then air it out here. not by JUST tossing around red jelly beans.
    Responded to privately. IMHO no reason to air it out in a thread asking for help, especially when there is a convenient "contact user about assignment" link.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?