If it's your personal (private) laptop and you've hooked it up to............................................................ and you installed your own software, again I would kick you out because you've just compomised the TCB (Trusted Computing Base).
gotta agree with you there - have enough probs making sure that work computers are clean without someone linking up their own PC with god knows what on it *shudders*

if your worried about people accessing your computer while you are gone why not just disable shares before you log off?

surely the only people who can remote desktop into your PC are the admin/tech guys and why worry about them messing up your PC? they're the ones who would have to fix it

as for just disconnecting cable I would go nuts at anyone in the office who modifies the hardware in any way at all without me telling them to do it. You may know what your doing but what about others in the office who may not anything about computers? if they follow your example and start yanking out cables who pays for any damages?

v_Ln