Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: W32.Small.gen

flist

got it working for you

did you install a program like Tag&Rename? was it 'freeware' i know Tag&Rename is not but that doesnt mean they dont want to make some extra money including someones spyware.

my guess is that it is spyware and this file is an updater. these types of programs are often poorly written and can cause system problems.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

everything appears as it should. system files working from system directory etc. i think you had it beat before you came here. and thank you for trusting my files...dont do that again LoL
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I am not sure what Tag&Rename is. I think it may be something my son has loaded on here.

it appears to be a program for managing music files, MP3's and such. un-install it and make sure this file is gone. you might even want to delete it before you uninsall but id feel safer the other way. anything that will download and execute so called updates without your intervention *which is why symantec labeled so) even from ligit companys is not something i want on my machine. tell your sun the trouble it caused you so he knows to be careful...like your not going to do that.

I do not need to worry that this is still being detected? I did have positive feedback regarding your abilities and sincerity and dbl scanned your files. I do appreciate your assistance and thank you for help this evening and for slapping my fingers too.

i wish i did help but it seems you did it all...anytime!

sorry, so just leave as it or should I uninstall this program/delete the directory or ???? think I missed soemthing there.

yes, sorry I missed a post above, I think we are cross posting. Sorry about that.

un-install, delete and spank