Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: W32.Small.gen

by the way the processes looked ok but to be sure we should map them to the directories their in (fport). for instance all instances of svchost should be running from the system directory.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

thank you

ok here they are

the fport list is not there!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I did actually have to do a restore yesterday, bumped it back a few days, because one time when it rebooted on me, my desktop was all different; loaded as administrator account not the name I actually have my admid. account setup as etc. System restore brought everything back.

This is all that is coming up with fport.

FPort v1.33 - TCP/IP Process to Port Mapper
    Copyright 2000 by Foundstone, Inc.
    http://www.foundstone.com

Pid Process Port Proto Path

maybe thats why its ok today!

Just ran system through symantec site again to get the details for you. This is what it generated. C:\Program Files\TagRename\TagRename.exe is infected with W32.Small.gen

sorry 1.33 wont work right on xp (my bad)

with you rolling back you probably dont need it but you can download the newest version here:

http://www.foundstone.com/resources/...file=fport.zip

scroll to the bottom of the page. its not a bad tool to keep on hand

well it seems to generate a report for you, but just flashes by and does not stay open for me to copy and send to you. Sorry to be such a bother!

i wonder if ya have any idea how much i learned from you the year i hung out here.......thanks for your help and quick responses...good to see ya held true to the course
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool