Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: W32.Small.gen

spyware file are usually left behind by the un-install so be sure to check

TTFN
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ok all gone, gonna run another scan and make sure the coast is clear. Once again, thanks for your help Tedob1. I do sincerely appreciate it - my son might not though when I get ahold of him. Lol. Have a great nite.

ok, bedtime now, everything comes up fine! Thanks again!

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    un-install, delete and spank
    Ted is a nice guy, one of the good ones here....And I am going to be good with this spank thing. SOOOOO many possibilities! *Fighting hard to not make a joke*

Ted, you should feel good, I of all people am holding back.

spank me skank me spank me.... i hear the cries....
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

rebooting randomly? RPC?
    is it XP? are you CERTAIN this is related, and that its not RPC exploits?
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

rebooting randomly? RPC?
    is it XP? are you CERTAIN this is related, and that its not RPC exploits?
    rebooting without warning could be a BSOD Loop..? but then I am tired and havent realy read the whole thread.. just the mention of spanking woke me up..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

True, been a little while since I saw the RPC crash, (it was a one time fix) and I THINK that gave a statement about RPC crashed and the pc would restart... dont remember... *shrug* just a random thought.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Hi everyone! I was previously plagued by the dreaded BSOD and had to eventually format and reload. Have never had a problem with it returning, knock on wood.
    When system was rebooting, there was no error msg at all, I would just be surfing/working away whatever and then poof, reboot.
    Hopefully we solved the problem last nite but if it happens again, I will be back.
    Thanks everyone!

I had that happen with Windows 98 SE a while back when I used Windows. IT would reboot whenever I connected to the internet, sometimes it would, and sometimes it wouldn't. Me being good at finding a syntax for things, realised opening a Music video by The Misfits would prevent it usually. Odd huh?

I'm thinking it was software or drivers clashing. Have you installed any new hardware recently?