Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trojans galore

Well guys (and gals if there are any)... thanks a ton. My computer is running squeaky clean from what I can gather now. I installed or upated most of the programs you suggested and havenĀ“t had a single problem since (well after eliminating wcpcc.exe). Thanks again.

Nassef

if you want to post another log.. we can double check.. I'd do it with all your startup items re-enabled via msconfig like I suggested earlier..

but if you feel reasonably secure, then ok.. good luck and your welcome..

Im going on an old memory, but i take it you never have any problems with messages popping up saying "This computer is being shutdown by NT AUTHORITY"?

I seem to remember a notice from Microsoft saying that if you connected to the internet to download your updates, an RPC Explit that i cant remember the name of monitors the connections to the windows update site, and infects your PC, using the svchost file (i seem to remember files in the 'wins' folder within the windows folder)

Im not sure if this is anything to do with what you are suffering, butit might spark a thought in these guys who may know a little more about this.
    eRk

eRK,

Research MSBLAST, Blaster Virus, Mydoom, and novarg viruses

start your search here:
    www.google.com
    and
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

Even a serach of the AntiVirus Discussions forum will reveal a small discussion or 3 about the RPC-DCOM problems..

Is this what your trying to remember?

Cheers

Oh and the Little White Pill? A pain Killer.. For when the problem requires the brain to do some work.. I carry a box of them.. "you did what with the attachment!!!!?" 2 pills, "You brought what from home!!!" 1-3 pills.. Codine works well..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Yeh thats the one.. i did a lot of Research at the time, but non of which i can remember right now, just the file name that was involved

Cheers
    eRk

What has Happend Is the Person That was in your Computer through The trojan changed ur settings.