Hello People,
I just joined AntiOnline today. I was reading some interesting posts about viruses. I went to a site that was listed in the forum. It was Trend Micro's Housecall site, http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...tart_corp.asp.
I used the free scan option on the page. I run Symantec Corporate Edition 8.0 on my computer. Housecall found a trojan, named,
"TROJ_ISTBAR.C", in "C:\Documents And Settings\"Username"\Local Settings\Temp. The file was named, "istsv.exe". I then scanned "C:\Documents And Settings\"Username"\Local Settings\Temp\istsv.exe" with Symantec. Symantec did not detect the virus. I then manually deleted it. Has anyone heard of this Trojan before? If so, I what does this virus do, exactly, if known? How long has this virus been around? Is it new?
Also, I am thinking about notifying Symantec of this, but I am wondering if the company is aware of it, if not, would Symantec use this info to charge more for its product? I would like to notify Symantec for the sake of us consumers, but the thought of a large corporation making money off of this info appalls me. But then again, if Syamntec's products are not up to date, people should be made aware of this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Emails, IM's, however you would like to contact me would be fine.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post,
Midnight
midnight45cal@yahoo.com

P.S. My name in the file path is replaced by "username" for privacy purposes