April 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Capture The Flag Event
Link : http://www.security-forums.com/forum...?p=84710#84710
OISSG is organizing Capture the Flag contest,
from 15th to 18th April, 2004.
The details of the contest are as follows.
Capture the Flag
There would be four challenges. For each challenge a
12 hrs window would be given. The goal is to
capture a flag image on the target system. The team
capturing the flag first is required to send a message
with the flag file to monitoring team. Each team is
required to stay in touch with the monitoring team
using yahoo messenger during the contest.
For each challenge the first two teams to report back
with the flag would be the winners for the challenge.
As soon as first two teams report, the challenge would
be closed. The winners would be unofficially announced
over Yahoo messenger.
Each challenge would be conducted on individual day
from 20:00 to 08:00 IST (GMT + 5.30).
Date and Time
15th to 18th April, 2004. 20:00 to 08:00 IST (GMT + 5.30).
1. Windows Hacking
2. Unix Hacking
3. Web Application Hacking
Explicit denied techniques.
1. Any form of DoS and DDoS is not allowed (machine
can't be taken down.)
2. Data deletion is not allowed.
3. Virus, Worm and Trojans are not allowed.
4. System can not be used for staging attacks on other
systems other than the given target.
* Everything is permitted accept the above mentioned
Rules and Regulations
1. Server IP address will be given over yahoo
messenger at the time of reporting for the challenges.
2. Any exploit (Including Zero Day) used needs to be
3. Judgment of the OISSG managing committee for the
challenge would be final and binding.
4. Teams violating the rules and regulation would be
disqualified without any further discussion.
5. OISSG committee members and Organizers can not
participate in the contest
6. Participating teams have to operate from remote
7. A team shall comprise of maximum 3 participants.
8. Prize distribution will be local and the shipping
cost will be born by teams (If we will get
sponsorship, we will send it)
9. The date and time notations are Indian Standard
10. No exploit shall be used against monitoring and
To register for Capture the Flag 2004,
send in entries to kaushik[at]gamebox[dot]net .
Registration details should include
1) the names of the participants (max three) from one team.
2) the IP address from which u would to participate.
If you don't have any static IP Address, you can give when you
report for the contest.
In case of any queries please feel free to contact the
at the kaushik[at]gamebox[dot]net.
guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;