Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this Empty have I been hacked again??

Why is this Empty have I been hacked again??

C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\WINDOWS\system
    C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\Start Menu\Programs\ATI Multimedia Center
    The above named file is empty. Also I have the other one that is empty. Does this mean I have been hacked again??
    I just reloaded my system after being hacked. I have not put any firewalls up, because I have a lynksys router. I thought I was covered by it. I have just added a kerios firewall. Plz tell me this is normal.

Is your computer set up so you can browse all folders and files?

Open up any folder and go to Tools - Folder Options

Then click on the View tab. After that make sure "Show Hidden Files and Folders" is checked and "Hide protected system files" is unchecked. (In win2k) Note: now that you can see stuff you can delete them (and mess up your system), so be carefull.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

oops. no it wasnt. Thanks

BUT, those folders are properties of 0.........why would that be? even if they where hidden, they would show the amount of size right>??

Originally posted here by Greg1951
    BUT, those folders are properties of 0.........why would that be? even if they where hidden, they would show the amount of size right>??
    Their size was zero?

Your in WinXP right? I am on Win2k so it will be a bit different, but even with the files and folders hidden, it still shows they take up space.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

yes, they show zero. I jsut got an email, that I have a worm. Here is the name:
    Worm.SomeFool.P

This means, I need to redo my system right>? Them clowns.

I just did a HOUSECALL online scan. It shows clear??? What is going on here??

yes XP Pro.

if someone that has you email address in thier address book gets infected the virus sends itself out to everybody in the address book from someone at random in the address book. it spoofs the sender in order to hide itself
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Greg1951
    yes, they show zero. I jsut got an email, that I have a worm. Here is the name:
    Worm.SomeFool.P

This means, I need to redo my system right>? Them clowns.
    Is it a notification email? Most likely you got that because someone has a antivirus product on their email server and it emails people when it recieves a message that has a virus to tell that person that they have a virus. Unfortuately, most new viruses spoof the email address to make it look (to the antivirus product) like it is coming from you. (So then the antivirus product emails you with a message saying you have sent one of their users a virus) Most likely you are not infected.

Edit: Tedob was faster than me.