Thread: win2k Logon Error

win2k Logon Error

Dear Ones:
    Iam having following errors while loging on to my windows 2000 advance server (Service pack 3) primary domain controler from the windows 2000 pro with sp 3...

The session setup from the computer AV10 failed to authenticate. the name of the account referenced in the secutiy database is av10$. the following error occured:
    Access is denied.

words
    0000: c0000022

I have checked all settings and reset the account and it doesnt work please help me

Thanks in advance

regards
    prem

Banned
    If resetting the account didn't work, you prolly have a busted SAM.

Restoring the SAM should fix the issue, take care to remember that the SAM will be rolled back to the backup version so you may need to do some updates. (users, trusts, etc)

catch

Just Another Geek
    Easiest solution:
    Remove the AV10 computer from the domain (put it in a temp workgroup), reboot.
    Remove the AV10 computer account on the DC, force replication. Wait a few minutes.
    Rejoin AV10 in the domain.

Edit: You may also try netdom (used to be downloadable from MS's site). You can use netdom to reset the secure channel between the AV10 computer and the domain.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Banned
    SirDice the system is question is a PDC.

The SAM needs to be restored but booting from the ERD and repairing it.

catch

Thanks SirDice and Catch

I tried with sam restore and netdom. it doesnt work, i uninstalled the active directory and reinstalled it now the problem is solved but i cant see clients from server while browsing through network neighbourhood, but the clients are visible from other clients while browsing, all other services like internet share and file sharing are working fine... Please help
    regards
    prem