Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, I'm new and need some help..

Hey, I'm new and need some help..

Yeah, this might be wayyyy off topic and against this site, but me and my friend were playing an mmorpg(massively multiplayer on-line role playing game) and he hacked my character for the fun of it to piss me off as a prank. Well, long story short, he tells me now if I want the password to my account in the game, that I have to hack it back. His sick way of helping me keep myself protected against that kind of stuff. Well, I've somewhat figured out what I need to do, and it goes along these lines: First get his IP address, then put a keylogger in his computer somehow, possibly by mail or direct connecting, then retrieving the key log and trying all the passwords I find until I find the right one. Seems simple enough as it is, but I cant find any good keyloggers or programs to find out his IP. And he lives in another state so I cant just go over and look it up on his computer. So please any help would be great. I want to play again soon.
    asdfasdfasdf

This could basically be a teach me how to hack someone else. I suggest you read the tutorials here at AO, learn a programming language (C is always good) and learn an OS inside and out.

-Cheers-

in these days hacking becoming a problem for all, for that reason u change your password frequently and don't give your id to all.

Lol, the id is shown above your character, it's basically your name also. But ok, I'll check the tutorials.
    asdfasdfasdf

ScarletSpider: Contact the people who run the game. Tell them your account was compromised and you'd like to have your password changed and emailed to you.

They may alreayd have a system in place that will email the account to you... similar to the hotmail or yahoo lost password links.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thing is, he wont voluntarily do anything to make it easier. I figure getting his IP from Outlook express would be the easiest, then somehow send him the keylogger and retreive it back. Which is what I'm having a hard to figuring out. I can get him to reply to my email, and then get his IP, but sending the keylogger will be tricky unless I can direct connect to his computer or something. I'm really no hacker and could hardly understand your post, lol, I just want to play again.
    asdfasdfasdf

Originally posted here by ScarletSpider
    Thing is, he wont voluntarily do anything to make it easier. I figure getting his IP from Outlook express would be the easiest, then somehow send him the keylogger and retreive it back. Which is what I'm having a hard to figuring out. I can get him to reply to my email, and then get his IP, but sending the keylogger will be tricky unless I can direct connect to his computer or something. I'm really no hacker and could hardly understand your post, lol, I just want to play again.
    I think that you should really take phishphreek80's advice and contact the admin. If it is really your account, then the admin of the mmorg should be able to email you a new username or password.

and he hacked my character for the fun of it to piss me off as a prank
    Are you sure he has not installed a keylogger on your machine? (This could of been how he "hacked" you account)

Edit: What mmorpg are you playing?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    OK, CXGJarrod and I had the same idea.
    I'm just slow.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Originally posted here by 11001001
    OK, CXGJarrod and I had the same idea.
    I'm just slow.
    Dont stress about it. I do the same thing all the time. When 3-4 hundred people are on at once, there are bound to be some dup posts.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I'm playing Priston Tale, it's still beta and no new updates for a while it seems, but it's fun to some degree. The website is http://eng.pristontale.com. Yeah, he made mention of a key logger. I found it, it was phantom2 or something like that. I was just trying to figure how I could get it to his computer like he did mine.. Maybe he direct connected to it, anyone know how this is done?
    asdfasdfasdf