Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I'm new and need some help..

"Again, if your going to be stupid about it and do it anyways. Go to www.google.com and type in "Remote Install Keylogger" or "stealth Keylogger" and have fun."

As for this, I'm offended by your accusation that I'm stupid. I just don't know all that much on hacking and prevention and what I should really know and not what software companies tell me I should know. By your standards then, I should go around and call everyone else stupid for not knowing that keyloggers even exist! Lol, the last time I went home, I searched my dad's computer and found like 43 trojans/keyloggers/hacks on it. I'm afraid what'll come up when I go back the end of this month.. But he alteast got a subscription with Norton. So maybe it wont be that bad, but still and to the point. You don't have to be such an ass about my not knowing as much as, well, you say you know.
    asdfasdfasdf

phishphreek80 has the right idea. The best hack is getting someone else to do it for you. Its quick, simple, easy and elegant. Why screw around with malware when you can do it with a single email?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Just beat the crap out of your friend

He lives in another state! Lol, well I figured out how to send the keylogger, now just need to retreive it. Which is now where I'm stuck.. Is there a way for me to have it send itself back to me? I'll try this and see if I make any headway. Oh yeah, like you suggested, I'm using another friend's computer to try this on, and yes he knows I'm doing this. He plays Pt too.
    asdfasdfasdf

Try this for once..... RTFM

The United States Secret Service has been investigating several nationwide computer intrusions/hacking incidents and has requested its field offices to contact system administrators at colleges and universities in their districts to address the issue. These incidents have involved the surreptitious insertion of software programs specializing in "key logging".

To date, all known incidents have been restricted to college and university computer systems. The motives of the perpetrators and the number of computer systems compromised remains unknown. In efforts to avert the potential compromise of computer users' privacy, the Secret Service has recommended a nationwide "alert" to all colleges and universities.

Key logger software is a program, which causes every keystroke made on the computer to be recorded. The program can remain completely undetected and is initiated when the computer is turned on. The key logger records everything outgoing to include emails, documents, login names, passwords, and credit card numbers etc.

1. AFAIK keyloggers are ONLY legal on machines that you own or manage, but in a business environment the AUP must state that staff's computer usage may be monitored, otherwise it could be invasion of privacy.

2. There are three main methods of delivery (a) physical installation, (b) via e-mail, (c) via a RAT (remote access trojan)..................see #1 above!!!

3. The workings depend on the software but the ones I have seen have had nice GUIs and full instructions.

4. They log activity as mentioned and either store it locally for physical retrieval, e-mail it to an account of your choice, or you can retrieve it via your RAT.

I would point out that if your "friend" uses dial-up,or dial up DSL then his IP address will almost certainly change every time he logs on. Only a RAT that "phones home" when he goes online can help you there. THESE ARE TOTALLY ILLEGAL.

Furthermore, if he never accesses your game account, you will never get the password......EVER, unless, as already suggested, you beat it out of him? You might suggest that you will report him to hiis ISP if he doesn't stop playing silly buggers, but you will need evidence for that.

You might try some psychological pressure and tell him you never want to hear from him again unless he stops playing around pronto! If you don't hear from him then you will at least know that he always thought that you were a total *******?

REMEMBER: PUTTING THIS SOFTWARE ON HIS MACHINE IS ILLEGAL

Just my thoughts on the matter

Somethings going on here. How come I am the only one giving this person advice and I get this neg.. (an this person is getting Positive points for obnoxious posts).

the guy needs help, not criticism AP Poster: LadyBug

I think I smell "Double Account".

Wow, LadyBug/Scarlet Spider. I find that to be similiar, also if you look at LadyBug's profile, this person has not posted since 3-8-2004. I think you may be onto something.

I'll be honest.... I didn't get the neg from LadyBug until after I gave Scarlet negative feedback for be obnoxious to my post after I actually tried offering assistance. I would have to say they is no coincidence there, they either "know" eachother or "are" eachother and I hope there isn't going to be an AP outlash for this.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Originally posted here by ScarletSpider
    Revenge??? He's still my friend and he wont care if I actually pull it off, he'd be glad! I' mean sure, he can be an ass sometimes, but were good buds. He doesn't have some big operation going or anything and he's no guru, lol. He's just figured out how to hack my account cause it happened to him and his level 6x character. So to keep the same thing from happening to me, he's decided to go ahead and do it to me, and that way, help me learn how to prevent it. Oh and I also have a firewall. Actually two. On my router and on my computer. But he doesnt have one. He's runnung an old computer(well not that old, like a 2000) with Windows Xp installed.
    Tell your friend there's a right way and a wrong way to do things and the way he's doing it is the wrong way. If I had a level 6 char hacked by some devious method and my friend plays the same game, I myself am not going to say "Hey I'm going to prevent it from happening to him so I'm going to hack his account!". There's too many things wrong with this section. If his char got hacked, how is it he knew how to hack yours if he's no guru? Did someone send him a "Priston Tale char hacking" README or did he read on some forum that "you can hack chars by doing this"? If your story is correct, then it just seems to me that he read how to somewhere and decided to be funny. This is about as funny as people who mud who use ZMud and auto-login and someone decides to "log in" with their character, make an ass out of them, do a buncha ****, then end up denied, frozen, or fried.

Having a firewall, improperly configured, is worse than having no firewall due to the incorrect sense of protection one gets ("Yay, I have a firewall! I'm protected! Sure, I'll allow all! I'm still protected!"). That's like those 2 foot fences you have for your tiny pets or kids to run around in. Sure it's a fence, but it's also jumped/walked over by everyone who can. And how do you know he's not running a firewall? Because he says so over AIM/ICQ/YIM/MSN/email? Most can be disabled.

Education and the sharing of knowledge is the way the world turns. I wouldn't be an ass to my friend by hacking his/her/its account/computer/box/email just because I either knew how or had it to me. IMHO, both of you have a long ways to go in security and if he's the way I'm thinking he's going to be, then he's tilting from gray-hat to black and that's not good.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.