Thread: Problem with Cisco

Unhappy Problem with Cisco

OK here's the thing
    am on an Office LAN using Cisco PIX Firewall 6.0
    lately,the Admin added this firewall and of course am on LOWID for a month now
    Anyways, he refused to open ports 4662 and 4672
    Luckily I managed to know the password of the Firewall but I dunno anything about configuring Cisco to open those ports
    If someone is NICE here can help me and give me the commands to type I'd be very grateful

Thanks

Re: Problem with Cisco

Originally posted here by djbravo
    OK here's the thing
    am on an Office LAN using Cisco PIX Firewall 6.0
    lately,the Admin added this firewall and of course am on LOWID for a month now
    Anyways, he refused to open ports 4662 and 4672
    Luckily I managed to know the password of the Firewall but I dunno anything about configuring Cisco to open those ports
    If someone is NICE here can help me and give me the commands to type I'd be very grateful

Thanks
    djbravo: Your admin closed those ports on the companies router for a reason. You can endanger your job if he finds that you opened those ports on the company router. Is your job worth whatever you want to run or use on those ports?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I agree with CXGJarrod. Your admin closed those ports for a reason.

What reason do you need these open for? Which service are you trying to use?
    Why do you need to use edonkey at work? Filesharing has no place on a corp network.

If you were to figure out how to add them and the admin finds out, it can easily be traced back to you. It is quite possible that you will loose your job and possibly even get arrested with possible jail time. (Unauthorized access, etc.)

Best bet is to work something out with the admin.

Or, wait till you get home and take care of whatever you need to do on your own computers.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Bravo: Did you read that nice little "first page thing" that pops up when new people come to this site? Naaaah..... Reading is silly isn't it? You might actually learn something and that might tax that poor old brain cell you are nurturing......

As to your question: "Are there any nice people here"

The short answer is NO!!! We are all hateful little kids that guard our extensive knowledge of the intricacies of hacking Hotmail and circumventing "vicious" network administrators that don't want you downloading who knows what kind of crap onto their obviously useless systems that are really only any good for work... sheesh.... who needs that crap?..... and we aren't giving it to obviously lame newbies like you 'cos we are 1337.....

Grow up son.... Go to work and do what your employer PAYS you to do..... If you are uncertain there - he pays you to work, not sit on your fat lazy ass listening to music.... if you want free music pay for a high speed connection at home.... but then, you probably don't earn enough to eat and listen to music at home do you?????

GO AWAY......

/I have to get rid of this WAP. It's too much fun.....

[Edit]

Oh... in my hissy fit I forgot....

On my network:-

1. You would not find my password!!!!
    2. I would recognize your activity as malicious!!!!!
    3. You would already be flipping burgers somewhere else!!!!!!!

Have fun at MacDonalds

[/Edit]
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I agree. eDonkey is a bandwidth hog and your admin closed those ports for a reason and to open them will probably result in something that you don't want. My humble opinion - work at work and play elsewhere.

Tiger Shark:
    You're posts get better with the more you drink.
    You'd almost think that you are talking to one of your (l)users!

Now, have a guinness for me.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

why do you want those ports open, anyway? is it for a game? if they dont want you plaing games, playing an online game is probably the easiset way to get caught other than somebody seeing you and reporting it. thats y i always stick to emulator games and watch my back

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by Phonedog911
    why do you want those ports open, anyway? is it for a game?
    The ports and the mentioning of LOWID usually mean edonkey/overnet P2P.

But as everyone else said, don't do it! You'll lose your job!
    Don't waste the company's time/money/bandwidth, you were hired to do a job not to download warez/pr0n/movies/mp3 etc.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.