Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blast from the Past for Total Newbie Startups

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I myself have learned from Carolyn Meinel. When I was a total noob, I stumbled upon her writings. Now I understand the command prompt and how to use it and more. I think pooh sun tzu hit it right on the head when he said that she gives you intoductory tutorials on subjects that people can expand on a much larger scale.

I respect her alot. And I do know there are some things questionable her, but she makes up for it by pointing noob's in the right direction.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Well a couple years ago I perused happyhacker.org for a while and thought it was pretty cool... But now I read this s**t and don't know what I was thinking.

There are a couple positive points though; most of them have already been stated. I think the best thing is that she points people in the direction of ethical hacking and not breaking the law. That way at least some of the n00bs won't turn into *shudder* skiddies.

But IMHO, there are many other sources that are far better than her stuff.

Oh and by the way jxrry59.... Tool 0wnz

--mjk

There was a discussion about happyhacker a while back on here, and most people seemed to agree that the only use of her website was that it provided technical words that you could copy and paste in to google to find better articles on it.

I think i started off by reading astalavista.com then i started using her website, I havent been back to her website since but still visit astalavista ocassionally, so i think that speaks for its self..

I dont think she intentionally means to mislead, i think she doesnt reaserch her stuff properly first.

the people over at attrition.org have some things to say about old (shes like 60+ not that thats an issue) carolyn

i2c