Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked out of W2k

I'm only trying to use the administrative user account. Actually the user is out of town for the week, so I can't get into his user account at the moment.

AOs Resident Troll
    if you need data off the machine....and the harddrive has room.
    Do a parallel install of the os..dont format just install to another directory other then C:\winnt or c:\windows (depending on OS).
    That will give you access to all data on the drive.

HTHS

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

i know that half the fun of being in this field is finding ways around things but if you re-installed it would have be done by now
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

here you go.. try this..

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd

good luck..

Thanks Sum, but that didn't work either. It only resulted in a boot failure. It looks like the utility doesn't work on this particular computer (which makes sense, given this is a crappy IBM NetVista, which I have learned is EVIL!!!).

Goto www.knoppix-std.org
    DL the ISO and make a Live-CD of Linux. Then read the following for more information
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1501&page=5
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

I believe, you will be typing in a diff local admin password (someone might have changed the admin password)... that was regarding the local admin access.

If your problem is 2 comps having same name and not able to login from the old one, you should take the new one offline and from active directory you should reset the computer account.
    hope this helps....