Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PyScan Port Scanner 1.0 RC1

Hey Hey,

I guess this is bumping a thread, but meh.

I had to add some functionality to PyScan for the college so that it would return the computer name. I was going to use the smb.py and nmb.py modules but then I found nbtscan from http://www.unixwiz.net/tools/nbtscan.html which works better than anything I could ever code. So I've just made calls to the executable. nbtscan is available for both Windows and Linux, so as long as you have nbtscan (nbtscan.exe in windows) in your path, you will have no problems. Anyways here it is with NetBIOS name resolution abilities

Peace,
    HT

PS. I've included the binaries for nbtscan for both Windows and Linux. Unfortunately the author hasn't released the source code for these apps.

[Edit]
    Small Code Change
    [/Edit]

Hey Hey,

I've been harassed for an executable file for those who are too lazy to get python and install it. I'm not sure if this will work, I haven't done full testing.. I'll leave that to those who want the .exe for Win32. Anyways I used py2exe, which I've never used before, and I cheated a little, but I seem to have a working result.... Enjoy and let me know how it works out and what you think of the added functionality. Again nbtscan.exe is included.. you just need to copy it to somewhere in your system path.

Peace,
    HT

[Edit]
    Small Bug Fix]
    [/Edit]