Thread: Undelivered email i didnt send in the first place

Undelivered email i didnt send in the first place

Today in my inbox i got an email from the "Mail delivery system" saying an email could not be delivered. What made me suspicuos is the fact that the email address isnt one i have ever heard of and then reading on was the paragraph:

This message has been rejected because it has a potentially executable attachment "message.scr"
    Now i know i recently had emails which my AV flagged as netsky.Q and so i deleted them. The problem being netsky.Q uses an attachment called message.src. Does this mean i have somehow got the worm?

There are hudreds of threads about this here..

It's a combination of a virus (netsky the .scr file) wich contains an smtp server (mail server) and sends to random people in your lists with random from adresses..

so someone with you and the system that sent you the mail in their lists is infected with netsky

you cold ask the admin (of the system that sent you that message) to stop sending messages like that, he's not part of the sollution, he's a part of the problem !
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Yes i know there are a few posts about the netsky virus but i A) wasnt 100 percent sure wether this was betsky and B) What im saying is it doesnt seem to be an email sent TO me with the virus it seems more like I HAVE the virus and its trying to send itself to another address (which i DONT have in my contacts list)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's a combination of a virus (netsky the .scr file) wich contains an smtp server (mail server) and sends to random people in your lists with random from adresses..
    Assuming that the message is actually legitimate. There are some viruses that spoof this message (make it appear as if it was sent as a rejection notice when in fact no such notice was sent).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just Another Geek
    Most viruses of the past 2 years fake the from address. So somebody else is infected and is sending out viruses with _your_ address. Any non-deliverable messages will get send to you.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

google for joejob and you'll get a lot of info on those (wrongfull bounces)
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Thanks for the replys