Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SecuritySpace.com - My "assessment"

Hmm, I wonder, I did a scan as well, and they provided the manual report for free as well, with an identical email to what you listed Tiger...

It also talks about Traceroute as a low-priority issue, but it does clarify it slightly by basically saying "this is only a problem if you see private addresses". It also lists host name resolution for me as a no-risk issue.

I wonder if they do this to everyone? Do the work, then if the person doesn't pay in a certain timeframe, give it away for free.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ms. M: Very interesting peice of information. I suspected that what is basically written there would be true, thats why I started my little survey to see how accurate and how sensationalistic they are with their results. A large part of what raised my suspicions was that I found it hard to believe that one could run automated scans against what could be very compex environments and then have automated results that wouldn't be skewed.

I haven't had a lot of time this weekend what with minor emergencies, prior commitments etc. to look through that thread and to finish testing my own box in different configs, (the moment I put the Linksys in the way the scan time goes up to 2+ hours, but I should be good to go now and will have my part of the results by tomorrow night and will take a good look at what others have posted.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    Chsh i think you have a good point there. I recieved this today.

Hello,

A manual review of your audit results has been conducted
    by SecuritySpace staff. As indicated by the current
    report on-line, we were not able to find any High or
    Medium Risk problems during the course of the audit.

Congratulations! We have marked the report as fully
    viewable.

We hope you found this service useful. If you have any recommendations on how we can improve it, or have any questions, please feel free to contact us by any of the following means:

Email: general@securityspace.com
    Telephone: 1-800-799-4831 (North America)
    (905) 331-2260

--
    SecuritySpace Support
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I got the same results Jinxy. I even tested it on a non-patched 2K Pro machine. It was behind a router, but still, no results on it either. I think they are out for a scare tactic more so than anything. The "ignorant" end-users will jump on anything that claims it will make their pc more secure. I wonder what their techsupport (if any) is like...
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.