Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which firewall to choose?

Banned

which firewall to choose?

Zone alarm is probably the most popular firewall these days,but whenever i run it..BAAAM..my computer reboots..and it keeps giving me problems until i remove the whole thing..i heard some other people also had problems with Zone Alarm..so,which firewall should I choose?(of course,i prefer a free one ).Oh,and my operating system is Windows 98.

get Norton Personal Firewall. It has a very user-friendly interface. It does its job.

Banned
    thanks..i'll search google for the url

Try a free firewall called Outpost. www.agnitum.com
    Or try Sygate www.sygate.com
    Or try Tiny firewall, if you don't like the other two.

Norton blows and it's too expensive.

P.S. Try searching the forums next time. This question has been asked so many times before I feel sick even answering it.

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Elite Hacker
    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/p...522872,00.html
    That's a link to a roundup done on TechTV's the ScreenSavers. I think they liked McAfee the best. I think BlackICE recently had a vulnerability. Definitely give McAfee's firewall a look though, techTV liked it.

And whatever tech TV says must be good!!! But did they even try anything other than the biggest companies, hmmm..nope. I wonder what they missed????

Pfft. Just do what the idiotbox tells you to... While I quote a poet...."You got a bullet in your head... a f**king bullet in your head. They pack the nine, and fire it at primetime, sleeping death and every home is like Alcatraz and mothef**kers lost their minds.....etc. etc. etc.

TechTV sucks donkey dongs.

Do what you want. Why should I care...
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

This firewall is not free but i have heard good about it
    try mcafee firewall plus

I dont know if its true but i have heard that it can adapt to an atack

sorry for my spelling screwed up my finger (skateboardingf)

Sygate is a good free firewall.

But I would point you to the recent pissing match between Pooh Sun Tzu and catch...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=256289
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Antionline Herpetologist
    Kerio Personal Firewall. It's free for personal use and has the best feature set of any free firewall I've seen so far. Get it at http://kerio.com
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Banned
    whoa..so many to choose from.....anyways,i think i'll either choose sygate or Kerio personal firewall.Just checkin out the websites..i might post again about which one i chose.
    Oh and,sorry about posting the same question again.

edit: I've chosen Kerio