Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any program that can disconnect ur internet?

Is there any program that can disconnect ur internet?

Hi all, Is there any program like adware that can disconnect our internet connection? Because yesterday I cant go online, even I want to access Router Admin. But my friend's pc can go online through the same router.

After I tried some solutions, but I still can't fix them. At last I decided to restore my system to previous day, then I can go online.

If you think its adware, then go through the normal adware removal steps... adaware, spybot, maybe do a housecall.trendmicro.com scan...

Sounds like another issue... adware wants you connection to the internet to upload its info. Viruses usually want your connection so they can spread, but this sounds like it could be a driver issue. Are you on XP? If you are, right click my computer, go to properties, find device manager and check out your network card driver. Then go to the control panel, find networking(sorry im not on xp right now, cant remember exactly), and see what it tells you. Sometimes disabling and enabling it can renew your connection, its worked for me in the past.

edit
    After I tried some solutions, but I still can't fix them. At last I decided to restore my system to previous day, then I can go online.
    That might of been overkill... Guess its too late then.

edit

to previous day
    Then maybe not overkill... that works too.

Just out of curiosity, did you load any new software between experiencing the problem, and your last restore point..................if so what?

Sometimes these things happen because of conflicts, so it is useful to know of any potential culprits.

Cheers

Just acomment,

adware wants you connection to the internet to upload its info
    The statement is true and correct.. But..

The reality, throw a combination of poor code, Misrocoft, user's background progs and the phase of the moon into the equation.. and yes you will have problems connecting to various sites..
    Note Also some Hijackers will want you to ONLY Visit their sites, but because of a problem during the installation of the HiJacker ALL sites get blocked..

Cure for next time.. "Take three Aspro's and see the doctor in the Morning.."
    the pain killers are:
    Spybot Search and destroy (Updated)
    Adaware v6 (updated)
    CWShredder (get the latest Version.. don't use last weeks version)
    HiJackThis (save the Log - and give that to the Doctor)

And if you want a good "Home" remedy.. give "The Cleaner" a run in safemode

yep thats the nurses advice..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Just to add on that-

Running in safe mode /w networking will always help a diagnosis...

Most "The internet is broken" complaints I get around the dorms is because of mass adware, or viruses on the box... adware will maintain a connection, but when you throw mass amounts of programs into the mix, it will slow it to a halt, which can seem like a broken connection.

Adware and spybot haven't helped my hijacks in the past, so far Hijack This has been great, although its potential to screw stuff up is huge.

Originally posted here by nihil
    Just out of curiosity, did you load any new software between experiencing the problem, and your last restore point..................if so what?
    Yes. I did install(Trojan Remover but I remove it at the same day) and uninstall something also. I cant remember what program that I removed, because I just remove any unexpected program.

Re: Is there any program that can disconnect ur internet?

the truth is, it has nothing to do with any program installed. it is one of the recent attacks now on the net, i got hit too.
    Its a cyberworldlic experience!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I have gotten hit to, but I have bounced back as always . My problem was (and is likely your problem to) was due to a trojan/virus that alters your TCP/IP settings. This will "break your internet" lol. The best defense is an up to date AV protection or a system restore will did the trick, it did the trick for me.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Re: Re: Is there any program that can disconnect ur internet?

Originally posted here by decyberworld
    the truth is, it has nothing to do with any program installed. it is one of the recent attacks now on the net, i got hit too.
    hmm, now i had this problem. or so aol, seemed to think i had that problem...i kept getting a message that my connection wasn't secure and it couldn't be fixed with their autofix. so i said tell me how to do it, and i tried everything, and i couldn't get rid of the message, after a few tries, i then got an additional message that my system had just crashed ???, and ummm...i could (and of course aol couldn't either), seems to fix that. so once again, back to system restore......but i wasn't getting logged off, and my system didn't crash???? now its an attack on the web? man....and when i did my double checks and stuff, nothing, no bugs, no spam/ad-ware came up......
    everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge:
    AND I\'M ABOUT TO BREAK...LP

did u check your system for viruses (trojans). try checking it out. might just be another case of d.o.s softwares (denial of service)
    If your curious, your probably interested.