View Poll Results: Should the NST be deleted?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - lets bring everyones post count back to normal

24 64.86%
  • No - Its an intresting part of AO and should be kept

4 10.81%
  • Don't care either way

9 24.32%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: what is a bigger problem?viruses or spyware?

If this is a virus what does it do?

I mean i don't understand half of it but looking at the code,
    it should popup a window with some text asking to restart computer. And then do stuff with regkey's.

But I don't understand enough assmbler to figure out wat it does.

And the picture does not work. Not on my home comp using 6 picture viewers and faxviewer.
    and at school tried it in win 98, 95, me, nt4, 2000 all using the same 6 viewers and knoppix 3.2. with no result (no real suprise).

So I think the binding stuff is crap. Unless someone else did manage to make it work. Or the virus can hide itself REALLY wel, but i don't think that's it because it should pop up a window.

grim_reaper if it really is supposed to work tell us what it's does and how you tested it.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

I would say they were both equal. Some that were spyware before are now counted among the viruses and they are still out there. One is Sir Search. I remember when it was just spyware. Look at what they do now. Highjack your browser. Sir Search also has the Flow Go Bar which is their spyware. So I guess what I am trying to say is that Sir Search is both spyware and a virus.

spies vs bugs

well now i'm brand new to this site, and its actually spyware that brought me here. and just the amount of ppl that are trying to hack into systems. it amazes me (and of course alot of them are bring viruses with them, i just had to bring my computer back to its original state because of infections in my registry from spies). so i've been fighting with the evil aol about how safe am i with their protection? well they assure me - oh i'm safe - well i've got their (aol)version of mcafee virus protection and firewall. its ok, but i'm still not sure. and i'm really irritated (don't like aol or mcafee) because with my aol 'firewall' - the technology of it is as good as a bought mcafee wall, but i can't sent out info on ip addresses of ppl trying to get in or block them (well i can block them, but have to go into my system to do it)......just new to this whole scene and i'm like obsessed with it....its bad out here...
    everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge:
    AND I\'M ABOUT TO BREAK...LP